Sunday, January 25, 2009

The time for newness is now...

Lately I've been torn between a series of things in my life and I'm so tired of being this way. So thanks to the navy, I'm currently away from it all in sunny Pensacola, Florida for two weeks. Two weeks to most is not a lot of time, but for me its like a year!! I've finally got a chance to get out of my most challenging environment to date and look at me and my situations. I can not only concentrate on what is important to me now (my career) but I can cut myself off from my norm and blame it on work and see what I'm really missing. I think that you never know how much you really need something in your life until you are without it. It's like that timeless adage that my grandma and your grandma probably said it too: "You never miss you water til your well run dry."  So for these two weeks, I'm reflecting and re-evaluating situations.  You can always look at someone else's situation and say I would do this or that and be in the exact same situation and be scared to move. So, I'm going to get out of my situations, look back at them and say I'll do this or that, jump back in it and execute.  Every new year there is usually a saying that goes with it, you know a general theme.  Every new year has been a time for newness and new beginnings, and prosperity, and happiness, and everything that you missed out on the year before. I don't do new year's resolutions or themes. My new year isn't a Myspace page, I don't need to decorate it and have my friend's comments floating around, I just need a breath of fresh air. I think I can pull that off here in Florida. So I may be posting some blogs that need your input or suggestions, so stay posted and I'll blog ya later!!!


Peace and blessings, 
Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment